Key Nutrients in BRUNSWICK® Canned Seafood
Each delicious tin of BRUNSWICK® canned seafood is power packed with nutrients for every stage of life:
- OMEGA-3 ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS – in sardines, salmon, and tuna these essential fatty acids, necessary for maintaining your health, have been linked to a reduction in the risk of a number of major diseases.
- CALCIUM – Required by the body for muscle contraction, blood clotting, nerve function and maintaining healthy bones and teeth.
- BRUNSWICK® Sardines and salmon are sources of calcium and make a good substitute for people who are lactose intolerant. Calcium builds and maintains strong bones and may help you in preventing osteoporosis.
- IRON – The iron found in sardines, salmon, and tuna helps build red blood cells, improves concentration, may help you to prevent anemia and lower susceptibility to colds and infections
- POTASSIUM – The potassium found in sardines, salmon, and tuna helps the body to maintain normal water balance and regulate neuromuscular activity. It also promotes cellular growth.
- PROTEIN – The protein found in sardines, salmon, and tuna helps build and repair body tissues and helps build antibodies.
- VITAMIN B-12 – The vitamin B-12 found in sardines, salmon, and tuna is needed for building red blood cells and for the proper functioning of both the nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract.
- RIBOFLAVIN – The riboflavin found in sardines, salmon and tuna is essential for growth. It plays a role in protein, carbohydrate, and fat metabolism in the human body.
- VITAMIN D – The vitamin D found in sardines and salmon is essential for normal growth and development; it helps form and maintain bones and teeth and enhances the absorption of calcium and phosphorous.
Any way you look at it, BRUNSWICK® Sardines make a great meal or snack choice. Eating two cans of BRUNSWICK® Sardines a week provides between 2 and 3 grams of the Omega-3 you need to promote good health.
In addition, each can of BRUNSWICK® Sardines will provide you with:
- CALCIUM - at least 20% of your daily requirement.
- PROTEIN – 15 to 17 g protein, which puts you half way toward fulfilling your daily needs
- IRON – 8% of your daily requirement for iron, of particularly importance to women