Time 40 mins
- 2 cans BRUNSWICK® SARDINES
- 1 tbsp. / 15 mL olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- dash hot red pepper flakes
- 1 can canned tomatoes (28 oz. / 796 mL)
- 3 cups / 750 mL fish or chicken broth (canned or from bouillon)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp thyme, fresh or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp. basil, fresh or dried or 1 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup / 125 mL medium dry white wine
- 5 cups mixed seafood, i.e. shrimp, scallops, mussels in shell
- 1Heat oil in large pot. Sauté vegetables until just starting to soften, about 4 minutes.
- 2Add tomatoes, broth, sugar, seasonings (except for parsley) and wine.
- 3Add seafood and BRUNSWICK® SARDINES.
- 4Simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes until seafood is cooked and heated through.
- 5Add parsley to each serving.