BRUNSWICK® MACKEREL SHEPHERD’S PIE
Time 30+ minutes
Servings 4 persons.
- 1 can BRUNSWICK® MACKEREL in TOMATO SAUCE 155g
- 2 cups Irish or sweet potato or yellow yam, peeled, cooked and mashed
- Butter to taste
- Milk to taste
- ¼ cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp. onion, diced
- 1 stalk escallion, sliced thinly
- Scotch bonnet, diced
- 3 tbsp. bold barbecue sauce and ketchup (optional)
- 1 tsp All-purpose seasoning or salt and black pepper to
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1Put potato/yam in a bowl.
- 2Add butter and milk and mix until creamy (mixture should have firm consistency).
- 3In a saucepan heat the bell pepper, onion, escallion, all- purpose seasoning, and scotch bonnet pepper.
- 4Add barbecue sauce and ketchup.
- 5Add BRUNSWICK® MACKEREL.
- 6Mix together and heat gently.
- 7In an 8in x 8in x 2in greased baking pan spread half of the potatoes or yams.
- 8Spread mackerel mixture over the potatoes/yams
- 9Top with the Mackerel, half the cheese, the remaining potatoes and the remaining cheese.
- 10Bake in a pre-heated 400° for 8 – 12 minutes until golden brown