Brunswick® Salmon and Breadfruit Roll
Time 15-30 mins
- 1 can BRUNSWICK®PINK SALMON (14 3/4 oz.), drained and skin removed
- 1 cup chopped chives, green and white parts
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped Chadon beni (or cilantro)
- 1 tbsp. fresh French thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp / 10 mL lime juice
- 1 tsp / 5 mL pepper sauce
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lb. / 1 kg breadfruit, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup / 50 mL melted butter
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Melted butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tbsp. water
- 1Place BRUNSWICK® PINK SALMON in a bowl. Add chives, Chadon beni, French thyme, parsley, lime juice, pepper sauce and bread crumbs. Mix well.
- 2Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- 3Boil breadfruit in plenty of water and 1 tsp salt, until tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 4While hot, crush breadfruit, add melted butter and cheese. Combine until mixture starts to stay together, knead for a few minutes, cover and set aside.
- 5Flour a work surface and roll out breadfruit dough to about an 8” x 10” rectangle. Brush with melted butter.
- 6Spread the salmon mixture onto breadfruit, roll up starting from long end, pinch to seal.
- 7Place onto greased baking tray. Brush with beaten egg.
- 8Bake in oven preheated to 375°F for about 20 minutes until golden. Slice into 1” thick slices.