BRUNSWICK® SARDINE ACKEE FRITTERS
Time 20 minutes
- 1 can BRUNSWICK® SARDINES IN SOYA OIL, drained
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ tbsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup scallion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1 can ackee, drained
- 1 cup vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1Add baking powder to all-purpose flour, and set aside.
- 2Beat egg and add black pepper, scallion, onion, thyme, salt and water.
- 3Gradually add flour mixture and stir until combined.
- 4Add BRUNSWICK® SARDINES IN SOYA OIL and ackee. Gently combine.
- 5Heat frypan with the vegetable oil. Drop spoonfuls of mixture into hot oil and fry, turning once, until brown on both sides.
- 6To serve dip in hot sauce and enjoy.