BRUNSWICK® SARDINE CARIBBEAN SWEET POTATOES
Time 25 minutes
- 1 can BRUNSWICK® SARDINE in Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup plantain, diced
- ½ can sweet corn
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp grounded jerk seasoning
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1Peel, wash, dice and boil sweet potatoes until very soft; drain water and set aside.
- 2Add butter, mayonnaise and garlic powder to the potatoes and mash.
- 3Heat a skillet with oil. Add onion, garlic and plantain and sauté until soft. Add one cup of the water drained off the sweet potatoes.
- 4Stir in corn, paprika, cayenne pepper, rosemary, ground jerk seasoning, and salt. Cook for 15 minutes on low to medium heat.
- 5Add BRUNSWICK® Sardines in Tomato Sauce, and cook an additional five minutes.
- 6Sprinkle with dried parsley and serve with cooked rice.