BRUNSWICK® SARDINE FISH CURRY
Time 15 Minutes or Less
- 2 cans BRUNSWICK® SARDINES in Spring Water, drained and de-boned
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. mustard seeds
- ½ tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 cup onion, sliced horizontally
- 1 tbsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 scallions (green onions), finely chopped
- ½ cups tomato sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1Heat oil in pan and add mustard and fenugreek seeds. When they splutter add the curry leaves and fry for about a minute. Add onions and garlic; cook until they soften
- 2Add the chopped tomatoes, chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric, soy sauce, salt and cook for a couple of minutes until the tomatoes becomes tender.
- 3Add water, scallions, tomato sauce and BRUNSWICK® Sardines.
- 4Mix well and cook for 2 minutes at a low temperature. Add salt to taste.
- 5Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with rice or naan.