Brunswick® Tuna Accras
Time 15 mins
- 2 cans BRUNSWICK® TUNA, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 hot pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped Chadon beni (cilantro)
- 2 tsp / 10 mL lime juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup / 50 to 125 mL water
- Vegetable oil to fry
- 1Combine BRUNSWICK® TUNA with garlic, salt, black pepper, hot pepper, chives, onion, Chadon beni and lime juice.
- 2Add flour and baking powder.
- 3Add just enough water to make a soft batter like dough.
- 4Heat oil in frying pan. Drop dough in hot oil by the spoonful and fry until golden brown and puffed.
- 5Makes 20 small accras.
- 6Serve with green mango chutney.