Brunswick® Tuna Stuffed Plantains
Time +30 mins
- 2 cans BRUNSWICK® TUNA, drained
- 4 plantains, almost ripe, sliced lengthways 1/4” thick
- 1/4 cup / 50 mL vegetable oil to fry plantains
- 1 tbsp. / 15 mL vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme)
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp / 5 mL lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped olives
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large frying pan. Fry plantains until golden on both sides, remove and drain on paper towels.
- 2Sauté onion, garlic and herbs with 1 tbsp. oil until tender and aromatic, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add BRUNSWICK® TUNA, allspice and lime juice. Stir and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in olives.
- 5Spread the cooled mixture onto plantain slices. Gently roll up and hold together with toothpick. Place in lightly greased 10" pie plate or large shallow glass heatproof dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake in preheated (350°F) oven for about 20 minutes.