Brunswick® Tuna “TUN” Cornmeal
Time 30 mins
- 1 can BRUNSWICK® TUNA FLAKED in OIL or WATER, drained
- 3 ½ cups cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 tbsp. margarine
- 2 stalks scallion/escallion, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig thyme, chopped
- ½ scotch bonnet pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1Combine cornmeal with salt and black pepper, mix well. Add 2½ cups water to cornmeal mixture and mix to soften. Set aside.
- 2Melt margarine in a heavy bottom saucepan. Add chopped scallion, onion, garlic, thyme and scotch bonnet pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- 3Add coconut milk and 3 cups water and allow to come to a boil.
- 4Add cornmeal mixture to boiling coconut milk mixture and stir constantly to avoid lumping.
- 5Cook for 20 minutes on a low flame, add BRUNSWICK® TUNA and cook for 2 minutes.